Monday 23 July 2012

Potato printing with Dylan

Last Saturday morning, my husband and I were enjoying leisurely breakfast in bed, while our son Dylan had some good old fashioned Saturday morning kids TV enjoyment. So we munched on toast and sipped coffee, feeling lovely and relaxed, me having flashbacks to my own childhood, watching Going
Live while slurping cereal, on our tiny tv - oh the enjoyment of that - anyhow, I digress... CBeebies was drifting into our bedroom, which is next to the sitting room, when suddenly Dylan ran into the room. DYLAN: do we have sponges!? MUMMY: yes! D: do we have paper!? M: yes D: do we have paint!? M: yes D: can we do printing like Mister Maker!? M: um, well, yes, I suppose so... So a sleepy mummy drags herself out of bed, makes herself a coffee, and do you know? We had a marvelous time! We ended up doing potato prints, as I couldn't find sponges after all. But it was fun to remember the enjoyment that can be got out of the simple potato print. And as usual I stayed on doing a few extra, when Dyl lost interest and started throwing his dinos round the kitchen (one of his favourite games, of which I recently asked him: what exactly is the point of that game? To which he replied: To make noise! Of course!)

Here are some of mine. I had a go at some patterns, as I'm doing a book at work with lots of patterns in and having sone quite a bit of research for it have been feeling inspired to try some out. I might even try again sometime...


















And here is Dylan's. As you can see, he got a bit bored of printing and started "smoodging"!





1 comment: