Tuesday 20 July 2010

the owl and the elephant

So... Over July and August, me and my husband and our 3 year old little boy have ended up having to house sit for some family friends in Richmond, West London, as a failed attempt at a shared ownership scheme left us homeless... Anyway, they have kindly let us stay in their house for 2 months while they stay in France over the summer, in exchange for watering their plants. They are a couple in their sixties, and both academics with a study apiece, his upstairs, hers downstairs. He collects elephants, and she collects owls, and they have various different elephant and owl prints, paintings, models and even toys throughout the house. I thought it would be nice to give them something to say thanks when they get back, so I did these ink drawings... It was pretty nice to get back to some good old fashioned drawing, which I haven't done for quite some time. In fact, I feel encouraged to do some more. And I remembered how much I love pen and ink.

(these are just pics i took on my iphone, hence the bad quality, but I will try and scan them in for some better quality images, before I give them away).

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely Els - are they with a dip pen? What kind?

    ReplyDelete